Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 34-36


Day 34 (Wednesday)
I look creepy, no biggie

Nothing too special happened this day, so that's why I decided to combine it with two other days! I warned you guys about this :) After school my mom drove my sister and I to the places we needed to go to get Christmas shopping done. I also went to Michaels and saved 50% off something amazing that I can't mention yet. Has to do with my secret project. My mom took us to Loblaws to get a quick dinner. I got some asian noodle dish, wasn't that great tho... When we were at the counter I had told the guy what I wanted, and he understood what I said (like most people). But my mom always making jokes, said hey, you understand broken jaw-ese. And he was actually, I was wired shut for 3 weeks. So he coincidentally also had jaw surgery. I went to the Grand Theatre with my sister to see Miracle on 34th Street in the nighttime, and that's about it.


Day 35 (Thursday)

I wasn't sure on posting this, so I checked out other blogs to see how much they said and it turns out this information might be helpful to someone. I'd just like to say it is the five week mark today, and I was successfully able to kiss my boyfriend, not pecking though, that was easy, even though I couldn't feel it for a while. You know what I mean, I'm trying not to weird anyone out, but I could finally kiss him! Yaayyy :) I had kraft dinner and butterscotch pudding for dinner and chilled at his house. After words I saw the Guilt Trip with my mom. It was actually extremely good, go see it. I ate two chocolate bars and a few pieces of popcorn. I also got my schedule for work today, I was super nervous, but I only got scheduled from 5pm-8pm on Christmas day, and Saturday and Sunday. Im going to try to get rid of my shift Christmas day seeing as I'm at my grandmas. My boyfriend (who was bragging about booking it off) got screwed over, and they pretty much scheduled him, Christmas day, Boxing day, Thursday and Sunday. So that really sucks for him. I also ate Kraft dinner, cinnamon toast crunch and two poached eggs with hollandaise sauce (eggs benedict) for lunch. Here's a picture of the size of the bites I was swallowing whole!


Day 36 (Friday)

I woke up, happy to see lots of snow. Turns out the predicted winter storm came over night. I go on facebook and everyone's posting "I'm still alive"! When we left to drive to my appointment we picked up Kris too. We got lost on the way to the Interface in St. Thomas. I got my splint off, and my elastics were arranged differently, there was some pressure (kind of painful) on the left side of my mouth. I had to get used to talking again without a splint. I also sounded like I was on helium. Because my splint made my voice deeper, and now with my new mouth, and no splint, my voice is really high pitched to me. Kinda sounds cute, along with my gap which gives a light lisp, which I also think is cute. I struggled to put eggs benedict in my mouth, because of the new elastic arrangement being in the way. At 130 I went to my orthodontist to get my wire on. And fortunately they decided to put one weaker elastic on the left side of my mouth which took away most of the pressure. I really like my new no splint face / voice in the whole of it. With my overbite I always looked horrible. Haha, here's a picture I took from the orthodontist's computer. I still had a tinge of helium to my voice by the end of the day, but I do believe that's just my new voice, sounds pretty close to my old one, but a tad cuter. It's nice to sound crisp again. My teeth have been feeling stiff, but I do realize that's just the braces doing their job. I also worked 4-8pm with Kris. Thanks to the storm it wasn't busy at all, which made it a great shift! I had a caramel sundae while waiting for Kris to finish his shift. And also, one of the girls at work named Marissa said she could take both of our Christmas day shifts. Yay! But this is all for today, sorry about posting so late, I'm just a busy bee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment