Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 37-39


Day 37 (Saturday)

work, nice fat gap :)
Hey guys, so just a reminder, incase any of you were worried, I'm spacing out all of my posts because as you can read, it's day 37 and not much happens anymore :) When I woke up I had some pressure because of my new elastic arrangement and I took a tylenol 3.

Breakfast = Soggy Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Before we went out for lunch, around 10, I was the only one up and the bell rang. I went to the door and it was a door to door salesman selling security systems. He was most likely in his mid twenties. When I went to answer the door, his eyes widened and he got really nervous. He was trying to tell me what he was stuttering so much that I couldn't even understand what he was saying. I had no idea what he was saying and saw my mom coming down the stairs, so I sent her to speak to him. I told her "I think he's selling something to do with security, but it's hard to understand". She told him we already had one and sent him away.  

Lunch = French Toast and Toast w/ Jam at Harry's with the family.

I went into work at 2, and was sitting in the staff room. I guy comes in and said something about just finishing his second job. I was looking at him thinking about how much he looks like the guy that came into my house in the morning. So I said, "did you come to my house this morning?", and he looked at me for a while and said "oh yeah, I did, I didn't even recognize you". So odd coincidence that I work with him and didn't know it. I worked until 6:30 and it was a pretty fun shift. It wasn't too busy as far as christmas time goes. I was able to take orders on drive thru again, seeing as that's my zone and I got my splint off Friday. We're supposed to upsell at the end of every order, except I don't always do it, because some people have huge orders and are already spending enough money. A customer gave their order and at the end of it I asked them if they'd like 2 apple pies for $1.39. They said yes and I became quite excited over the headset and said "really?!" and they said yes. As I told them to come to the first window, a co-worker Maddie said over the headset that my reaction was pretty funny. As they came to the window, it ended up being my old neighbors, and they said that they were feeling like apple pie when I offered it to them, so it was perfect. My dad picked me from work and we had chicken rice and garlic bread for dinner. I also had some banana pudding pie for desert. 


Day 38 (Sunday)

I didn't record too much special for today. I had my usual cereal for breakfast and pasta for lunch and dinner. Kris came over in the afternoon and we just relaxed and watched a movie. At around 6:30 our neighbors and friends came over to prepare for christmas carolling. Something we do every year, for free of course. We carolled around, and came back in for homemade egg nog, egg nog martinis, and or homemade apple cider. And of course, a bunch of appetizers I couldn't eat. Kris left around 8 and I escaped to my room for the rest of the night.

Day 39 (Christmas Eve)

yay, nice fixed gap!
almost done mcgriddle bun (rhymes)
lots of snacks
My surgeon asked me to come back in. It was a normal checkup. He said he was very happy with how my jaw was developing, and changed my elastics around to decrease the pressure. He also told me that if I have to, take Aleve instead of Tylenol 3s because they have caffeine. I told my surgeon how because of the elastics position, they were also making my gap bigger because they were pulling my teeth apart. So he pushed my teeth together and put a wire around them so they'd stay together. Haha, who knew it was so easy to maneuver teeth. I haven't got the okay to chew yet, but I belive I'm close. My surgeon's going to Mexico, so I'm not sure when my next appointment is. On the way home my mother wanted a Sausage Egg McMuffin from McDonalds, so I asked for a McGriddle bun, just the bun, because its soft and sweet. It was actually extremely easy to swallow. Around 3 I believe, I went to Kris' house for Christmas Eve. I brought a butter scotch and chocolate pudding cup, along with sidekicks just in case I need them, but never did. For a snack, I ended up having Kraft Dinner, because Kris' dad was making it for his mom, but it was too overcooked and was going to get thrown out. We chilled in his room for a while and watched Dexter, but around 6:30 his family started arriving, and we all sat up there and watched people eat cookies and appetizers. I was able to eat pitabread with hummus and another thing that completly melted in my mouth was the chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares. They were perfect. I stayed there till around 9:30 and went home to play family board games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment