Thursday, December 27, 2012

Days 40-42



Day 40 (Christmas)

Around 10-11 we started opening our stockings, we had a late start because we were waiting for my step-brother Zach and his girlfriend to come. My parents go all out on stockings, lots of gifts in them. To start off the morning, my Christmas sweater was also missing because my sister used it to wrap one of my gifts. But I was so excited to wear my Christmas sweater. Fortunately it was the first gift I opened. Got a lot of roots clothing and other useful things, plus $175 for Costa Rica from mom. After we opened all the gifts they started on making pancakes and bacon. We make our pancakes 100% homemade, no mixes, so they were delicious. I had 5 pancakes, they were extremely easy to swallow whole too. At around 1pm, our dad picked us up to take us to his place. Opened stockings and gifts. Got my new curling wand, yay, and around $110 in cash from dad for the Costa Rica trip. After finishing at my dads, we drove back into London to go to my grandmas. In total I collected about $50ish, and of course gifts on top of that (my dads side has like 6 relatives). My grandma's only 87, but were pretty sure she's getting a small case of Alzheimers. She's been getting the past mixed up with the present, and isn't thinking straight. She also has a really bad memory and a difficulty understanding anything, as in you tell her something and 2 minutes later she forgets. You wouldn't believe how many times she asked me what I was cooking on the stove (Sidekicks) in a 7 minute interval. I ate some strawberries in strawberry juice for dessert, and also had some normal soft white bread with margarine on top. After the gathering we went home and watched a movie.  

Day 41 (Boxing Day)


diamond necklace
he's blinking, oh well
I had froot loops for lunch (because I tend to sleep in until noon) and Kris got let off work 1 hour early. So mom and I picked him up and she drove us to the mall. Kris still had to pick up his boy gift for Bad Santa at my aunts, hence why we went to the mall. I got chicken teriyaki from the food court, from Manchu Wok  We also went to Best Buy to see if there were any cheap dvds. There really wasn't any good boxing day sales going on. Black Friday was definitely better. I ended up buying the My Sims PC game for 5 dollars though. I had the game for the Wii, but the CD got scratched and I figured might as well buy the game. Seeing as it was cheaper than my lunch. Kris opened up all of his presents, and was very happy with them on the way to my aunts. Once he tried his Christmas sweater on he kept saying how much he liked it, which is good. Part of my presents I opened up Christmas Eve, but the other half of my present was actually a diamond necklace. So that definitely made me happy, seeing as I've never owned anything with diamonds in it before. Seeing as we arrived at my aunts later because my sister was working, right when we got there we started to open up gifts. Which means Bad Santa. The girls went first, and than the guys. Kris and I like to view Bad Santa as a chance to get things for our future. Last year I got a nice knife set, and they were rainbow too, very good quality and have stayed in my closet unopened since. So for this year I got a garlic roaster, in the shape of a big garlic. Kris and I absolutely love garlic so we'll probably use it in the future. Kris ended up with a tool set which is also quite useful for the future. We had dinner and I also had tons of dessert. After dessert Kris and I just played games on my laptop until it was time to go.

Day 42 (Thursday)

I had froot loops and left over pancakes from Christmas today for lunch. Nothing too special to talk about happened though. I went to my dads and we had his noodles (the spice we use on them don't have a name) and chicken strips for dinner. I just cut the chicken strips into smaller pieces and swallowed. We ended up watching a movie, and of course I had a little bit of popcorn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment