Monday, December 3, 2012

Days 9-10

    To solve my cheese craving, mouth took her homemade cream of potato soup and added cheese to it! I had my 1 week post-op this day. My surgeon told me I wouldn't be allowed to chew until 5-6 weeks. Well this destroyed me, I had much higher hopes. Regarding the x-ray they took, I must say I have an attractive skeleton, I'm practically smiling.
Fortunately my fear of infection did not come true. By this point I could make it through a whole day with no naps, and I'd start getting tired by around 7-9pm. My mom was still being cautious about me showering a lone, she was like text me when you go in! But by this point I was fine. To cheer me up from the bad news, Kris, mom and I went to the mall, and she bought me whatever food I could swallow whole or drink. She also bought me a reese pieces blizzard from dairy queen. I was still pretty swollen(as you've seen in the pictures before), and I'm pretty used to being thin everywhere, so the fact that people were staring at me was demeaning, or at least it seemed like they were staring at me.

    So for breakfast, I had this new found baby oatmeal, my mom adds some vanilla protein shake, no taste protein powder and milk. The taste is heavenly, plus it sticks with me. I went to get a haircut and my eyebrows waxed around noon, Kris came of course. I bought a Tim Hortons chicken noodle soup for a snack, as I mentioned before, and accidentally swallowed a 5cm x 3cm noodle whole. Which saved me. If you want to read why it saved me, go to this link --> http://luckydoublejawsurgery.blogspot.ca/2012/12/cures-to-hunger-noone-thought-of.html?m=1
By this point I'm barely taking any drugs, just regular advil, and that takes any stiffness or pain (even though I don't consider it as pain), to be blunt, periods (sorry boys), hurt more than the 8th day of surgery BY FAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment