Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 7-8

           One of my elastics snapped on Day 7 (Wednesday, 21) so we drove over to Interface and they showed me how to replace them. I had a huge craving for cheese this day, and I was also missing popcorn. I was experimenting with my smile in the mirror, and I ended up getting excited cause I realized I was one of those people whose smiles show part of their bottom teeth in the background. I was so used to just my top teeth showing. I went to my dads in the evening, and I was pretty hungry. My appetite wasn't up because of the consistency of the blenderized Italian wedding soup I brought. Afterwards I made an apple drink, but I still couldn't finish it because it was tiring to eat. I was really missing food that wasn't mushed up. I took a picture of my profile :) I was also just getting excited about my smile, I was showing my dad my smile when all of a sudden a big blob of drool came out, attractive much.. (#jawsurgeryproblems)

              My jaw spasmed for the first time on Day 8. I'm going to use the words I used to describe it to Kris. "I was talking to mom, and all of a sudden something from the inside grabbed my jaw and pulled on it outwards really far, and since I was talking at that moment I stopped for that one thing. It felt like time froze and I tilted forward as if someone used a defibrillator on my chest." Kinda cheesy, but yeah, those were my words. Day 9 will be Black Friday  so the Black Friday sales were already starting on the internet. I ended up saving 90$! I can't stand buying bad quality clothing, I go for the more expensive stores. I bought this super cute poncho jacket, an adorable shirt and necklace, plus a few unnamed Christmas presents. I ended up going to my dads again, and it was funny because he was trying to eat like I would. Having his teeth almost shut ect, and he couldn't do it. Luckily he decided to make a less appealing meal to me, unlike yesterday when he had a chicken burger and fries. This time it was mashed potatoes, corn and carrots.  Another funny story, as we were driving to my dads house, a radio ad started with "Are you tired of being wired?" And me in my mumbly voice responded "Yeess". It was funny at the time, I don't know if any of you were laughing. As I was creeping other peoples blogs I found out that jaw surgery is quite expensive in the U.S, one per payed $40,000. It made me grateful to be in Canada, cause OHIP covers all the cost for us. Yay. It's funny, by day 8 my body was looking quite skeleton-y and my face looked like a sumo-wrestlers. But I think that's all for the day, as far as pain goes, it doesn't change that quickly, but the meds are easier to drink just because I could swallow them whole, made for a much more pleasant time.


No comments:

Post a Comment