Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 5-6

getting ready for bed, when i noticed my smiles coming :)
             I woke up feeling much better on Day 5. I ate breakfast which included pear banana smoothies and chicken broth. I found it harder to fall asleep, so I decided to stay up and watch 'Once Upon a Time' on my laptop. At this point it was still hard to fit the toothbrush in my mouth, and I was worried about infection so my mom bought me a baby toothbrush. There was a little bit of an uncomfortable feeling and by this point I had a yucky taste in my mouth. Soon after I realized it was because there was gunk on my tongue. I had my first shower alone, and I was getting closer to being able to smile. The pain was extremely better, I was able to take half an Oxycontin and it lasted me 4 hours. My mood cheered up because of that, and I got super excited to eat pancakes for whatever reason. A huge yellow bruise covered my whole neck, and that was a tiny bit soar. Lunch consisted of rice pudding and squash miso ginger soup. Later on I slept for 7 WHOLE HOURS! And fortunately my tongue was becoming feeling, which essentially means I'm  getting my feeling back. Over all, it was a good day, and it got me excited for the rest to come. :)


              Day 6 became a little bit better. I struggled trying to eat some mushed of ravioli but at least I tried. I was able to shower alone again, but afterwards felt a little light headed from the lack of food. One of my mom's friends owns a dairy queen, so I got a jumbo strawberry smoothie delivered to my house, and it was delicious. My boyfriend came over, and we just relaxed and watched TV. All in all, the pain wasn't very bad, and each day I was taking less pills.
me and my bib
my profile as of day 6!


No comments:

Post a Comment